Hey Gals…You do remember that Calgary's airport is an international one, right?
And that Park & Jet (located at the airport) takes you directly from your car to the airport… and then returns you directly to your car when you are done your travels?
That means you have the entire world at your fingertips.
So, this holiday season, why not replace the usual routine of chick flicks and PJ parties with a glamorous girls' getaway?
Let's begin with options closer to home: Montreal
- For shutterbugs, we have the William Notman exhibition at the Mc Cord Museum.
- Looking to get warm and pampered? Check out the Bota Bota spa.
- Perhaps you'd like to taste your way around Old Montreal? Book an Old Montreal Food Tour.
- And don't miss the 8th annual Luminothérapie—free of charge in the Place des Festivals.
Looking to do some border hopping? St. Petersburg, Florida
Thought we were going to say 'New York', right? Well, there's no denying that the Big Apple is great, but why not be more adventurous?
Have you seen those amazing glass chandeliers in the Jamieson Place plant-filled and infinity-pooled Winter Garden? (On the Plus 15 level at 308 Fourth Avenue S.W., Calgary, to be exact.) If you haven't, you must. If you have, you know what we're speaking about. This glass wizard, Dale Chihuly, has a permanent glass exhibition in downtown St. Petersburg—you can even make your own glass creation at a studio nearby.
And while you are in St. Pete's, you can have fun:
- strolling along the beach in the 20°C weather (avg. daily temp.)
- dining and dancing the Florida way
- marveling at the 750,000 lights which transform the Florida Botanical Gardens in Largo into a holiday wonderland
For those whose wanderlust needs more distance: Cambodia
Floating villages, ancient temples, exotic foods, swimming with bio-luminescent plankton, traditional dance shows, and warm, sunny days with low humidity make for a truly 'got away' experience.